Re: scanner not recognized

On 03/08/15 09:44 AM, Johann Spies wrote:
I found that I could not use my Lide (I think it is a 10 - I am not at
home right now) on USB-3 ports but it works without a problem on USB-2.
Try all the ports on your computer.

Regards
Johann

On 1 August 2015 at 17:26, Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca
<mailto:debianlist@videotron.ca>> wrote:

    It's been a while since I used the Canon LIDE 20 scanner attached to
    my Debian Sid system. Today I found out it's not being recognized.
    LSUSB doesn't find it on the scan of USB ports. I suspect the kernel
    module is not being loaded. How can I find out which module is
    needed and how do I make sure it's loaded on every boot ?

I tried all the USB ports on this machine. None of them worked. They are all USB 2.0 ports.

Cheers