Re: problem in installing debian

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015, samira afzal wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am new in Debian,
> i installed Debian amd64, on VirtualBox, it installed completely at
> the end when it restarted then just a black screen goes up. I
> installed amd64 2 more times but it happened again. I tried i386. it
> happened again. could u please guide me.
> Thanks in advace

I would guess that you have a graphic configuration problem.  I'm
assuming you're trying to install Jessie..

More information on Virtualbox's host system would help.

Read the appropriate Installation guide, particularly the
troubleshooting part.

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

Wouldn't hurt to read VirtualBox's documentation, too.