Re: Letsencrypt - Debian?

Am 2015-07-28 11:29, schrieb Darac Marjal:
Will it be backported to Debian stable?

Jessie? No. The whole point of stable is that the set of packages
therein is stable (hence the name). Also, I wouldn't expect it to appear in backports and there's plenty of other ways to HTTPS-enable a website
as is.

But no other way without using the service of companies with a
business model that many people don't necessarily want to
support. Also, the main feature of letsencrypt is that it can
renew certificates automatically, so you never have to take
care of it yourself anymore (once it's set up). This is a HUGE
advantage - just think about how many sites with expired
certificates you've stumbled upon in the past.

I'd definitely want to see it in backports myself once it's
migrated to testing (maybe even wheezy-backports-sloppy, since
Wheezy will likely get LTS) - and if nobody else wants to do
the work, consider this email me volunteering to do the work
to maintain the backported version. ;-)

Christian