Re: CPU overheating then shutting down while encoding video with ffmpeg

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:05:55 +1200
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

Hello Chris,

>I'd be a bit hesitant to recommend to use a vacuum cleaner,
>wouldn't static electricity be a risk?

Static builds up when the cleaner moves across the (usually nylon)
carpet.  When cleaning out a computer casing, you're going to be using a
hose with a nozzle on the end so the gliding over carpet doesn't occur.
I regularly(1) clean our computers with a vacuum cleaner.

(1)  On an annual basis(2).

(2) I said regularly, not frequently.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
Where will you be when the bodies burn?