CPU overheating then shutting down while encoding video with ffmpeg

In Google I found other similar issues but they weren't useful for me to solve
the problem.  On my old Hyundai laptop, when running ffmpeg in order to convert
a large video format, after a while it says something like the CPU's
temperature is reaching a critical value and it's going to shut down, that
happens.  I tried to catch that message with stdout/err redirection using '&>'
but didn't manage to.  Please help who can.

Thanks,

Rodolfo