Re: audio restore functionaility

On Monday 20 July 2015 21:57:36 David Wright wrote:
> Well it's just possible that the OP, on getting the responses Yes and
> No, is going back to his installer for advice. My posting was in reply
> to Lisi.

Going by the people whom I support, having been told that we couldn't offer
himn a simple on/off switch which he coudl easily toggle on will indeed have
done just that.

I agree in being sceptical that he did _nothing- other than install and purge:
efectively:

# aptitude install pocketsphinx && aptitude purgepocketsphinx

I feel that he must at least have run it once, even if he did nothing with it.
And that it may have tinkered with some settings and not restored them when
it was purged.

Given that sound in Debian seems positively to relish being muted, something
muted somewhere that hadn't been before, seemed the most immediately likely
explanation.  After that, there is the whole of troubleshooting in front of
the unwary...

Lisi