Re: Cron not working

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 10:25:38PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Haines Brown (haines@histomat.net):
>
> > But I did enable a cron log, which for some reason was disabled on my
> > system. I'll have to wait a week to see what that log has to say. I
> > don't know how to set its level, or if enabling the cron log captures
> > all message from the cron daemon.
>
> Well?

The message in the log appears normal because in fact a backup did
occur yesterday. I suspect the fix was because I did this:

  # /etc/init.d/cron restart

I had previously not known to do this because I don't believe man
crontab mentions it and because my prior unorthodox method to initiate
the command did not require editing the crontab.