Re: Cron not working

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 01:37:12PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Dan Purgert wrote:
> It could also be as simple as a permissions issue.
>
> If your syslog isn't showing anything, you might want to push up
> your logging level.

Thanks Miles. I don't know how permissions might come in because the
crontab belongs to root. The backup script belongs to user, but root
should be able to run it as long as I give it the full path.

But I did enable a cron log, which for some reason was disabled on my
system. I'll have to wait a week to see what that log has to say. I
don't know how to set its level, or if enabling the cron log captures
all message from the cron daemon.