Re: CPU overheating then shutting down while encoding video with ffmpeg

I'll echo the advice on cleaning the fan(s), air vents, and any ducts.
I've seen laptops which have been used in enviroments like sitting on a
blanket which whose vents have become completely blocked.  Also, of
course, make sure the fans are actually turning, and haven't failed!

I'll also echo the advice to put it on blocks, and also note that you
should make sure the vents aren't obstructed by anything.
--
"Erwin, have you seen the cat?" -- Mrs. Shrödinger