Re: mplayer "Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file"

The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Where did you get this mplayer from?
>
> I compile MPlayer myself, and I'd expect this to
> happen when the copy of MPlayer in question was
> compiled against libvdpau_nvidia but that library
> has been uninstalled (or when the compiled mplayer
> binary has been moved to another computer, which
> doesn't have the library).
>
> The only 'mplayer' binary I can find in current
> Debian is from the mplayer2 package, and since you
> specified '(mplayer1)' I presume that isn't the one
> you're using.

I did not compile it myself but got both from the
Debian repos:

    i   mplayer   - Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
    i   mplayer2  - Advanced general-purpose video player

My /etc/apt/sources.list is:

    deb     http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

    deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org jessie main non-free