Re: mplayer "Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file"

On 07/17/2015 at 09:48 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> mplayer (mplayer1) says:
>
>     Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so:
>     cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>     directory [vdpau]
>
> and:
>
>     Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

Where did you get this mplayer from?

I compile MPlayer myself, and I'd expect this to happen when the copy of
MPlayer in question was compiled against libvdpau_nvidia but that
library has been uninstalled (or when the compiled mplayer binary has
been moved to another computer, which doesn't have the library).

The only 'mplayer' binary I can find in current Debian is from the
mplayer2 package, and since you specified '(mplayer1)' I presume that
isn't the one you're using.

Did you compile this yourself? If not, where did you get it from?

(I see that you've asked a similar question over on the mplayer-users
mailing list. It may actually be best discussed over there, but I'm not
sure at this stage.)

--
   The Wanderer