Re: IP address

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Hans wrote:

If you know a little bit about the range of the network (i.e. if you know at least , it is 192.168.), then you might try to scan the IP with a direct connection to the network card.

<Oh God no>

Try nmap (either from a separate computer with a crossover cable) on the computer itself. Syntax:

<OH GOD NO>

Dear Hans,

Please tell me you are not SERIOUSLY suggesting that nmap be placed in the hands of a beginner who has yet to learn the basics of paths and packages!

Fortunately, in their wisdom, the author(s) of nmap have reserved the package's most powerful functions for superuser only.

--
I am not a loony.  Why should I be tarred with the epithet
'loony' merely because I have a pet halibut?  I've heard