Re: shutting off screen blanker forever?

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 14:17:13 -0400 (EDT), Gene Heskett wrote:

> My atom boxes are using xfce I think.  And I have studied up on xset, and
> tried every combo that even looks suspicious in an effort to kill the
> screen blanker once and for all.  But I can't even do it for 10 minutes
> in a row.
>
> So obviously the solution is not an xset command in the startup.
>
> Does anyone have a better, it even works, suggestion?

I tried this on my machine, which uses XFCE, and it worked for me:

Applications -> Settings -> Screensaver
Single left click on the box labeled "Mode:".  Single left click on
"Disable Screen Saver" in the drop-down box.  Close the window.

For a text console, edit /etc/kbd/config and change BLANK_TIME to 0.
This requires root privileges to edit the file and a reboot
is necessary for it to take effect.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :