Re: Question about the default config of package: recipient?

On 07/17/2015 at 11:27 AM, David Guyot wrote:

> So, here we go: this package creates a .ini file with the following
> content:
> [memcache]
> memcache.dbpath="/var/lib/memcache"
> memcache.maxreclevel=0
> memcache.maxfiles=0
> memcache.archivememlim=0
> memcache.maxfilesize=0
> memcache.maxratio=0
>
> The problem is that these parameters don't appear in the PHP doc,
> neither official nor Debian version; I wasn't able to find them in
> the source code, nor in the Debian additions. As far a I know, these
> parameters are useless; if I'm right, why are they present? If I'm
> wrong, where can I find doc about them?

Searching on 'memcached INI maxreclevel' finds this in the first page of
hits:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-memcache/+bug/1431574

According to that bug report (filed this March), those parameters are
not referenced in the package source code, and appear to be unused.

I'm not convinced that they're entirely unused; based on what I've read
elsewhere (most of it years old), it seems possible that they may be
used by a backend library of some type, and merely configured in
relation to this package. I haven't got anything specific to
substantiate that, though.

--
   The Wanderer