Re: wheezy to squeeze

martin@server1.shellworld.net

>622 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 551 not upgraded.
>Need to get 222 MB of archives.
>After this operation, 48.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
>Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
>
>Needless to say, I typed n and there's where things stand now.
>
>The number of held-back entries is about the size of the whole
>distribution so something is seriously wrong.

What command are you using to upgrade? This looks like you're using
"apt-get upgrade" when you need "apt-get dist-upgrade" ...

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html