wheezy to squeeze

	It is time to finish the upgrade from squeeze to jessie,
I think. It looks like the squeeze to wheezy upgrade worked but
I see a problem when trying to upgrade from wheezy to jessie.

	Here are the active lines in sources.list: When all
entries pointed to wheezy, I did the upgrade and nothing showed
up as being held back so I changed all to jessie and there's a
problem all right:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
 deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie contrib non-free

I also had the line:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

but that triggered a warning of duplicate sources so I commented
it out.

622 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 551 not upgraded.
Need to get 222 MB of archives.
After this operation, 48.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Needless to say, I typed n and there's where things stand now.

The number of held-back entries is about the size of the whole
distribution so something is seriously wrong.

Martin McCormick