Re: Upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy Killed Sound on Dell Board.

Hello, keeping you on cc, sorry if you don't want,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Martin G. McCormick
<martin@server1.shellworld.net> wrote:
>         The system in question is a Dell Dimension 600-MHZ
> Pentium from way back in 2000. The BIOS date is October 10 of
> 1999. The sound chip set is a CS4236 on the mother board and
> it's always been touchy about working. You can count on the
> sound dying after any significant upgrade but once you get it
> working, it works very well for both recording and playing.

There is a page on the wiki [1] where give you details about cs4236
devices on Debian (and why they were excluded from Distribution. I'm
not sure if cs4236B is included. I hope it work too,

Regards,

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/snd-cs46xx