Re: writing to an external USB3 HD

On 13/07/15 09:20 PM, gautam chekuri wrote:
My machine has following USB controller (I got this from lspci) :

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)

So, I guess, issues is not limited just to one chipset.

That would suggest a driver issue, but I've already tested on two different systems with the same kernel. Perhaps it was a teething problem with some USB3 chipsets or perhaps the kernel has problems with some chipsets.

The other culprit could be a faulty motherboard. Have you tried upgrading your BIOS? I've been considering that possibility too.