Re: New user having trouble with new install

On 7/13/15, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> "However, on boot it tanks with a "microcode: no
> support for this CPU vendor" error."
>
> He did not mention having solved this particular problem.  In fact, it looks
> as though he may still be having it.

You must have missed the followup post, in which I wrote:

-> Now that I'm fresh, it seems less obvious that the error I reported above
-> is what's killing it.

With the help of those here, the fatal problem was localized to gfx, which
I disabled during a subsequent install, since I'm fine with running command
line on this machine.

So the microcode business appears to only be a warning (that's still being
reported) and not constitute a "problem".  It happily skips right past it and
comes up normally.

Jonathan