Re: New user having trouble with new install

On Mon 13 Jul 2015 at 18:54:31 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Monday 13 July 2015 18:39:42 Richard Owlett wrote:
> >
> > Ms. Reisz
> > Please read before replying in future. Mr. Levine had pointed out
> > one of his goals was minimum data charges during install. I
> > pointed out that I had found availability of complete DVD sets to
> > be valuable. Not everyone in world has your environment, needs,
> > desires, etc!
>
> No, he hadn't.  He gave it as reason for downloading a small CD.  He didn't
> say anything about minimal data charges *during install*.  He said that he
> was reluctant to download full CDs.  He said that he only needed a minimal

He didn't? (It's "minimum" for "data charges", BTW :))

"expensive traffic cap" seems a clue.

> install, which he can get easily with the net install.  And the DVDs are not
> going to solve the micro-code problem.  They are going to cost him a lot of
> money and not solve his problem.

What micro-code problem? The OP has installed Debian. He is deliriously
happy. He has no problems.

> They do solve your problem.  But your problem and needs are unusual.

Wanting to conserve bandwidth is not unusual. Neither of *us* may not
have the need to. Others do.