Re: Serial console over Bluetooth dongle to an android device {Will serial console satisfy my need}

On 30/06/15 22:04, venkat wrote:
> Dear all
> I am trying to display all the boot screen information in a android
> device. For this trial ,
> I notice that serial console is one of the available option to forward
> all display information messages to serial port.
>
>     Before starting this process would like to understand the Pro' and
> cons on this
>
>     setup information:
>         Will follow the Link instruction to setup serial console.
> (changing TTYS1 to rfcomm) **Need to know that will that work
>         http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-serial-console-howto/

I would love to be proven wrong, but I strongly doubt it'll be as simple
as that.

My understanding is that in addition to kernel drivers, Bluetooth serial
requires some userspace utilities in order to configure the stack.

USB Serial has a similar problem, USB initialisation happens so late in
the boot process, for a long time you couldn't use USB serial as a
console.  I understand this has been resolved now, it's worth pointing
out that USB serial doesn't require anything in userspace to work,
unlike Bluetooth.

The kernel would need to buffer output until the rfcomm connection was
established, then send its console output there.

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...