Re: Firefox won't open the link from e-mail

On 06/30/2015 03:03 AM, Man_Without_Clue wrote:
Hi all,

Debian Jessie, 64 bit here.

I have been using Thunderbird (installed in /usr/local/) and working perfectly fine with Iceweasel. Recently I tried to use google hangout and video chatting feature do not work with current stable Iceweasel, so I installed Firefox separately (in /usr/local/). I set firefox as default internet browser but the problem is that when I click the link in the e-mail firefox opens new window but it doesn't open the link.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

M.W.C
I am still on Wheezy, but I use Mozilla Firefox and Thundrbird in /usr/local/ as you do.

In Thunderbird, check Edit/Preferences. On the Attatchments/Incoming tab do you have an entry for 'HTML Document'? Mine is set to 'Use Firefox (default)'.

HTH

Marc