Re: How do I find what drivers are installed

On 06/29/2015 at 10:54 AM, Bret Busby wrote:

> if it is, as, I think, postulated by Sven, the Intel driver that
> drives the external monitor, then the question is does Debian 6 have
> a driver for the Intel Haswell integrated graphic controller, that
> can drive the external monitor?

Going by the PCI ID you posted earlier (from lspci output), and looking
that ID up in the LKDDB, it appears that the kernel module for the
graphics component of this chip is i915.ko:

https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DRM_I915.html

On my system (tracking current testing), I have:

$ find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name i915.ko
/lib/modules/3.16.0-4-amd64/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915.ko

So: yes, Debian has a driver for this integrated graphics controller.

Did you try the command based on 'lspci -k' which I gave earlier? I
think we've tracked down the driver you probably need, but I'm fairly
sure that command would have been an easier way of finding out what
driver(s) you're actually currently using.

--
   The Wanderer