Re: Please help with - it seems - no WiFi interface at all

Nick Metz <nick.metz@fhe3.com> writes:

> Ah.. sorry you have the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG right?
>
> did you modprobe ipw2200 ?? I cant ' t find it on your output of lsmod

Then, after installing firmware-ipw2x00, I did:

 # modprobe ipw2200

, but still nothing seemed to be changed in all the outputs of the various
commands given before.  But yesterday I'd bought a small wireless USB adaptor,
called TP-Link.  I plugged it in the pc, and... a wlan0 entry finally came out
from ifconfig output!  Then, as suggested in
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse, I did:

# ip a
# iwconfig
# ip link set wlan0 up
# iwlist scan

, then put in /etc/network/interface the follwing stuff:

# my wifi device
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        wireless-essid InfostradaWiFi-A8C345
        wireless-mode Master

, but there must be something wrong with it, because there are now issues at
machine boot and, anyway, it still won't connect in WiFi mode.  But maybe the
solution is coming.  What should I do now?

Thanks,

Rodolfo