Re: Please help with - it seems - no WiFi interface at all

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 14:49:00 +0000
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

>  it still won't connect in WiFi
> mode.  But maybe the solution is coming.  What should I do now?

If you're feeling desperate, and I do know the feeling, you might
invest some download time in a recent Knoppix. It's not guaranteed to
drive everything, but I've usually found it to work. It's based on
Debian, so if it does operate your wi-fi, you can almost certainly get
the necessary driver(s) or other software for your own installation
through normal Debian channels. Information in the Knoppix /etc will
also generally be useful. Here's a mirror list (probably the CD
contains enough, the DVD contains more major applications):

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html

It can be burnt to USB stick if you don't have an optical drive
available to the laptop.

--
Joe