Re: aptitude full-upgrade bug?

On 27/06/15 01:12 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Saturday 27 June 2015 17:38:36 Gary Dale wrote:
I've upgraded two machines from wheezy to jessie over the last month or
so and noticed the same behaviour on both. In both cases they failed to
upgrade the kernel. In both cases this left the machines unable to
complete a boot and I had to use the systemV init option to get to a
command line.

I suspect this could be because the meta-package linux-image-amd64
wasn't installed, but even  that doesn't make a lot of sense. Shouldn't
a full-upgrade bring all the packages up to the current version?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Did you upgrade to systemd or sysvinit?  It sounds like the second.

Lisi

No. The full-upgrade option (equivalent to dist-upgrade in apt-get) does a full upgrade. It's the systemd boot that fails. There are, as Arno explained, probably something that doesn't work with systemd and a 3.2 kernel.

Anyway, I've installed the meta-package on both computers so this shouldn't happen anymore.