Re: CUPS error message, device already exists

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:51:54 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> It's a warning - not an error - and can be ignored. It will appear when
> a printer is installed. It's a dbus thing.

ok.

> > Did you try purging the cups install then reinstalling and adding
> > the printer back in?
>
> Not warranted. colord is only a Recommends: for cups. If there are no
> devices using colour profiles it could be removed I expect.

Thanks very much for that info. i uninstalled it.

meanwhile i'm getting this too:

 Failed to update TXT record for DCP8110DN @ server: -2

I think i figured that one out.

it can't get a hostname for the printer perhaps ?

i put one into the server /etc/hosts file.  I'll see if that fixes it.

Brian