Re: CUPS error message, device already exists

On 26/06/15 09:51 AM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 26 Jun 2015 at 03:46:48 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

On 26/06/15 01:37 AM, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
I'm not sure if this is meaningful, but it would be nice to fix it.

  	failed to CreateDevice: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:device id 'cups-DCP8110DN' already exists

Googling turns up lots of hits, not a one of which has been helpful so far.

Brian
What exactly is your complaint? Does the device id not exist?

I've been using cups for a decade and have not encountered that
particular error. Perhaps something in your setup has become
corrupted.
It's a warning - not an error - and can be ignored. It will appear when
a printer is installed. It's a dbus thing.

Did you try purging the cups install then reinstalling and adding
the printer back in?
Not warranted. colord is only a Recommends: for cups. If there are no
devices using colour profiles it could be removed I expect.

There may be a problem with a colour profile not being set up properly. Colour profiles are useful for the best results but can be a bit tricky to set up.