Installing 32 bit Debian 8.1 on a virtual machine (via virtualbox)

Hi,

I have been trying to install Debian 8.1 on my virtual machine, from the netinstall CD ISO. The machine has 64 GB HDD allocated to it and 1 GB RAM. It also has 3D video acceleration enabled. Its video memory is 64 MB. The one named debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso. The issue is that I set it to install the following desktop environments:
* Cinnamon
* GNOME
* KDE
* LXDE
* XFCE
during installation and it recorded that not all packages were installed properly (although it spent hours and hours saying it was retrieving files and installing them so I'm fairly confident it at least downloaded the packages). I successfully installed grub on it after I received this message.

I then rebooted but all I have is the command-line bash interface (tty1). I ran `apt-get install sudo` and `apt-get update` as root user, the first suggested that I should run the second. The second command (`apt-get update`) gave me errors recorded in: http://i.imgur.com/dRaGiY6.png

How do I get past these errors and get into at least one of the GUI desktop environments I selected?

Thanks for your time,
Brenton