Re: Change systemd to not be default in Stretch

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:04:57PM CEST, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> said:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 08:46:39AM +0200, Erwan David wrote:
> > If OI were to write documentation it would be "it does not work". Just
> > because I do not know how to make it work.
>
> If you can explain what the things are that "do not work", one at a time, there
> is some chance somebody can help. Unfortunately "a bunch of things don't work"
> is not enough to go on.

If you read me, first thing I ask is a place to ask : not a developers
mailing list, because it would be OT on such list. Not here because it
is not debian specific.

For what I need to know : I have a headless machine with an encrypted disk.
I cannot ask the password on console, so
1) at boot I do not mount the encrypted disk, and start a minimal set of daemons, among them the ssh daemon.

2) I ssh to the machine then mount encrypted disk and start remaining daemons.

How can I do this with systemd ?

Have a look here

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-cryptsetup-generator.html
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-cryptsetup@.service.html

And here :

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.mount.html

And also :

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/64693/how-do-i-configure-systemd-to-activate-an-encrypted-swap-file  (talking about swap but apply to different partition)

Note that I use policy-rc.d to check whether the encrypted disk is
mounted for the daemons that need it (it allows not to change the init
files)

As for "read the man". man -k systemd gives me 145 different man
page : when you do not know the architecture, where do you begin ?

For beginner in systemd (but fluent in sysV init scripts) how to
learn ? You get a bunch of unordered data, which does not help at all.

Check at the bottom of this page : https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/527639-managing-services-on-linux-with-systemd

How do targets work ? I did not find. What is the format of a unit
file. No "ini-like" is NOT an answer, since it lacks a link to the
exact definition of ini, and explanation of the "like".

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.target.html

etc, etc.