Re: Change systemd to not be default in Stretch

Le quartidi 4 messidor, an CCXXIII, Erwan David a écrit :
> I have a stretch with only parts of systemd and settings that I do not
> know how to replicate in systemd: How do I do ?
>
> Where so I find docs and tutorials to migrate ? Where can I discuss
> the problems (no here is not the place).
>
> WHEN WILL THOSE SIMPLE QUESTION FOR A NEW SOFTWARE GET AN ANSWER ?

As soon as you have written it and posted it. Thanks you very much for
volunteering to make a valuable contribution to the Free Software community.

Documentation, like software, does not write itself. And I do not think that
developers should stop from integrating something that is a step in the
right direction (which, IMHO, systemd, despite being over-engineered, is:
having an init system that has actually a brain and not just a few reflex
arcs) just because nobody volunteered to write basic introductory
documentation.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George