Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 06:27:16PM CEST, tomas@tuxteam.de said:

> My take is: I am a fan of Debian. I don't want systemd on "my" computer.
> Systemd is the default, and their proponents are no idiots and I assume
> good intentions. I accept that their viewpoint is as valid as mine.
>
> So it is (in part) on me to keep Debian without systemd a viable option.
>
> There are many dependencies on systemd (e.g. Gnome) which aren't Debian's
> fault. No problem for me, since I don't particularly care for Gnome, but
> perhaps there are other needs.
>
> As I see it, there are quite smart people on both sides of the debate
> and it seems best to try to get along instead of slinging accusations
> at each other (both sides have been very effective at that, and
> sadly, I'm not innocent in this either. I regret that).

My feeling is also that once you begin to ask for explanations (how or
why) it is considered by some systemd fans as a frontal attack, which it is not.

What is the use of this libsystemd0 you get even when systemd was
never installed ?

Where are migration tutorials, docs for people who did not develop systemd ?

To those questions I never got answers or even worse (like when I was
answered that I had to write the docs).

I still have a setting working without systemd that I do not know hoxw
to make with it. I still do not know what a mount unit is. I saw that
systemd can start daemons when a certain disk is mounted, I still look
how to do it, etc...

If I where to write a doc now it would be : this setting was possible,
systemd maks it impossible. Which is surely false, but given the info
I get, may become a reality.