Re: CUPS set-up for the 0.01%

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 19:33:50 -0400
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

> I'm not actually grasping some fundamental questions here.
> 1) where is your printer? I get the impression that it is attached to a
> computer on the network and not your local machine.
> 2) what type of printer is it?
> 3) is your network otherwise working? Can you browse the Internet,
> attach network shares, etc.?

1 it's on a USB port.  it _was_ on ethernet, but CUPS couldn't seem to connect to it properly.  i'm now thinking that maybe it could.

2 brother DCP-8110DN

3 yes, the  network is in good shape.  the only problem i am having which is yet to be resolved is that my loopback interface doesn't come up at boot time for some strange reason.

BRian