Re: Screen goes black after install

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Dwijesh Gajadur wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Mark Allums..
>
> I want to use pure command line...I don't want any GUI services to
> load when debian boots..Is there a way to remove all GUI service?.
> Is the video card driver required when we use command line??

The easiest way to remove X and ALL GUI stuff is to reinstall.
Really!  Choose Expert mode or get the NetInstall CD and install only
the Base System, a minimal, command-line only set up that you can
build the system you need off of.

Your black screen problem has happened to me in the past.  I discovered
it was caused (in my case) by the X server being called to run in a
resolution not support by the graphic card.  A bug in the installer?
Setting a supported resolution fixed it.