Re: Network Manager, openvpn & DNS

Le 18/06/2015 17:09, Michael Biebl a écrit :
> Am 18.06.2015 um 15:16 schrieb Erwan David:
>> Hello, I use openvpn through NetworkManager, the server gives a DNS
>> server, however I see that it is added to the DNS of the carrier,
>> whereas I'd like it to replace, DNS of an untrusted provider being
>> untrusted.
>>
>> What is the correct way to do it ? (I can also act on the server, for
>> which I am admin)
> Start nm-connection-editor, open the settings for your OpenVPN
> connection. Switch to the tab "IPv4 Settings", and choose Method
> addresses only. Then you can add your own preferred DNS servers.

Rather than duplicate the settings on all clients, I'd prefer them to
use the settings sent by the server. Your solution would also force me
to duplicate the routes settings, with all the risks of
desynchronization between client and server.

If it os not possible to use the server's setting I'll do like this,with
a big risk at next change in config.