Re: Screen goes black after install

On 06/17/2015 10:12 AM, Dwijesh Gajadur wrote:
Hello everyone.

I recently bought and installed a PCI ATI Rage 128 Video card on my pc.
I then installed Debian Jessie on the pc.
After booting the following lines appear:

fsck from util-linux 2.25.2
/dev/sda5: clean, 48855/7553024 files, 821115/38202368 blocks
_

And then the screen goes black..nothing appears.
I have tested the video card on windows and it works well.

I also want to run debian on non-graphical mode..I did not install any
desktop environment.I want to run it on command line as a server.

Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 and see if a login prompt appears. If it does, the machine is trying to start X and failing. I would try to get X running, but if you don't want X, you should probably check and see if a DM (such as lightdm) is installed, then go from there.