Re: a quick fstab questions

On 06/16/2015 07:27 PM, Reco wrote:
Any other ideas please, this is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is something to be expected. You're using ext4 filesystem, which
carefully preserves files (directries, etc) permissions.
So you can mount the filesystem as a user, but it's not enough by itself.
It's the filesystem's permissions that prevent you from viewing its
contents.

Recommended solution to the problem includes chown(1) and chmod(1).

Reco
Thanks a lot, at the risk of loosing data, I ask; how can I safely chown or chmod?

This is sad and frustrating. I'm sweating.