Re: a quick fstab questions

 Hi.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 06:33:21PM +0200, notoneofmyseeds wrote:
> >Watch out. /etc/fstab is white-space delimited (which means that the
> >line is read in and split into fields based on spaces, tabs, etc). The
> >fields in /etc/fstab should be, in order:
> >
> >  * The device (either as a /dev/path, or as a UUID=, or as a LABEL= or
> >    some other way to identify the device)
> >  * The mount point (where in the filesystem you want the device mounted)
> >  * The file system type
> >  * Any options, to be passed to "mount"
> >  * A flag saying how often "dump" should consider this filesystem
> >    eligible for backup
> >  * A flag saying in which pass fsck should check this filesystem
> >
> >So, what you have, at the moment is:
> >
> >  * Device = /dev/sdb2
> >  * Mount Point = UUID=...
> >  * File System = 300gb
> >  * Options = ext4
> >  * Dump = rw,
> >  * Fsck = user,
> >
> >Look more closely at
>
> I have done this and now it mounts, but I still get "permission denied" in
> the file manager.
>
> Any other ideas please, this is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is something to be expected. You're using ext4 filesystem, which
carefully preserves files (directries, etc) permissions.
So you can mount the filesystem as a user, but it's not enough by itself.
It's the filesystem's permissions that prevent you from viewing its
contents.

Recommended solution to the problem includes chown(1) and chmod(1).

Reco