Fwd: Re: HP printer not added

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: HP printer not added
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:59:43 -0400
From: Maureen L Thomas <silverorb@verizon.net>
To: Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>

I have un-installed and re-installed cups.  I used the add printer
feature from the menu items under my name.  It comes up with various
items that can be changed and printer is one of them.  It is locked so I
unlocked it with the root password.  I went through all the steps and at
the very end it says 'printer could not be added'.  I then tried from
the main menu under system tools and it did the same thing.  When I plug
the printer in before a message would pop up and ask if you wanted to
install it, now there is nothing.