Re: Fwd: Re: HP printer not added

On Mon 15 Jun 2015 at 15:22:48 -0400, Maureen L Thomas wrote:

> I have un-installed and re-installed cups.  I used the add printer
> feature from the menu items under my name.  It comes up with various
> items that can be changed and printer is one of them.  It is locked so I

The name of the software being used was wanted. It appears it is not
hplip or the web interface at http://localhost:631. Not that it would
necessarily make any difference apart from getting a different error
message.

> unlocked it with the root password.  I went through all the steps and at
> the very end it says 'printer could not be added'.  I then tried from
> the main menu under system tools and it did the same thing.  When I plug
> the printer in before a message would pop up and ask if you wanted to
> install it, now there is nothing.

We assume the printer is connected by USB, Please post the outputs of
these three commands:

   lpstat -t
   lpinfo -m | grep "1000.*ppd.*HP"
   lpinfo -v (with the printer plugged in).

>From the list obtained in the second command's output say which line(s)
correspond to your printer.