Re: httpd virtual package

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> [...]
> > I debootstrapped a Jessie chroot in order to test your case.
> [...]
>
> Bob, just a lurker here. Thanks for this very instructive and well-
> written walkthrough!

I am glad you found it useful.  As long as I am on the topic I should
add a small additional hint.

  debootstrap jessie jessie-oc-test http://httpredir.debian.org/debian
  echo owncloud-test > ./jessie-oc-test/etc/debian_chroot
  chroot ./jessie-oc-test su -

By adding /etc/debian_chroot into the chroot it can be automatically
included into the shell prompt.  It makes it easier to remember what
environment one is operating.  For example in the above after the
chroot the prompt will then say:

  (owncloud-test)root@havoc:~#

When switching back and forth between chroots and the native host
little things like that can save a lot of confusion.

Bob