Re: [OT] Is Devuan a hoax?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015, at 03:25 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> > > LMDE 2 is Jessie-based while retaining sysvinit.
>
> I get the impression that Linux Mint is only holding off on systemd
> because it is shaky. When it settles down, it will head in that
> direction. Does this mean abandoning upstart?

>From the link posted above:

Similar to Linux Mint 17.x, LMDE 2 “Betsy” will be using the traditional sysvinit. The move to systemd could happen with Linux Mint 18 and LMDE 3, giving this new technology and the Linux ecosystem 2 years (or more) to mature and to iron out integration and compatibility issues. Cinnamon in particular is built without systemd support by default and the development team is planning to change this in version 2.6 to give the DE the ability to switch at runtime between systemd and consolekit/upower without the need to recompile anything.

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2764