Re: [OT] Is Devuan a hoax?

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 05:07:18PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 08 June 2015 17:00:31 pjw wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 8, 2015, at 08:41 AM, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> > LMDE 2 is Jessie-based while retaining sysvinit.

I get the impression that Linux Mint is only holding off on systemd
because it is shaky. When it settles down, it will head in that
direction. Does this mean abandoning upstart?

Of hand, I don't know if upstart is a script or compiled. For me that
makes a difference.

> There is also the TDE Debian Live/Install CD.  Debian without systemd.
>
> http://exegnulinux.net/downloads/

Lisi, I was not attracted to exegnulinux because it seems too automated.
For example, I'm allergic to desktop environments.

Haines