Re: Change for systemd the UUID of the home partition, how to?

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 13:37 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> On 2015-06-09 11:18, Ken Heard wrote:
> > For reasons which I won't go into now my encrypted home partition was
> > obliterated. (Yes, all the data thereon had been backed up.)  I created
> > a new one, but of course it does not have the same UUID as the previous
> > one.
> >
> > Jessie's systemd however on boot continues to look for the old UUID for
> > that partition.  Consequently the encrypted home partition can no longer
> > be opened during the boot.
> >
> > I would be grateful if anyone can tell me where the UUIDs of the
> > encrypted partitions to be opened on boot, such as tmp and home, are
> > stored so that systemd can find them during the boot?
>
> After some research I found file /etc/crypttab which contains a list of
> the UUIDs for encrypted partitions, /home in my case.  I thought it
> would be a simple matter of changing the relevant UUID to the current
> one.  It is apparently not.

I have never had to do any systemd-specific configuration for my
encrypted partitions. (Then again, I haven't changed UUID either)

/etc/crypttab is usually included in the boot (when you build an
initramfs) at least when / is encrypted, I'm not sure about /home.

What does your /etc/fstab look like?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson