Re: adding network printer

On Wed 10 Jun 2015 at 12:27:12 +0200, notoneofmy wrote:

> On 15-06-09 8:15 PM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> > Have you used this printer with lpd before?
> >
> > Everything I find on Google says it only speaks a proprietary protocol
> > called bjnp.
> >
> > Which should be covered by the cups-backend-bjnp package.
> >
> > http://setdosa.blogspot.se/2009/02/setting-up-canon-pixma-mx850-on-ubuntu.html
> ...and what more, and this is very important, it did not ask me to
> select a driver. It automagically found and selected the right. I the
> link asked to select a particular driver; that wasn't an option presented.

Just to be clear on how you solved your problem: was it by installing
the Debian cups-backend-bjnp package or by following the advice at the
link given?

As a matter of interest and of possible help to future users, would you
please say which PPD you are using and also post the outputs of

  lpstat -v <print_queue_name>

and

  nmap (printer_IPaddress>