Re: convert Jessie stable to pure testing

Hi.

I did work with both hinting and sub-pixel order.

Full hinting was the best setting for hinting.

The sub-pixel order did not seem to make any difference.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Mike Kupfer <m.kupfer@acm.org> wrote:
Francis Gerund wrote:

> And the display doesn't look defective or mis-calibrated, just more like
> 1995 than 2015.  I think it just lame fonts in XFCE, not the physical
> display.

You could try tuning the font settings (Settings>Appearance>Fonts).  The
Hinting setting can make a huge difference, and setting the sub-pixel
order might help, too.

mike