Re: convert Jessie stable to pure testing

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 11:09:21 -0500
Francis Gerund <ranrund@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean just changing the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list from
> "testing" to "stretch"?  Would that work?

Yes, there should be no change in operation, as the same repositories
will be used.

> Or, I can always reinstall.  The XFCE didplay is so fuzzy, it hurts
> my eyes (even after woring with the gui adjustments).  Maybe I will

That's generally a sign that a non-CRT monitor is not working at its
native resolution. Scaling can never give clean results, it's OK for
moving real-world pictures, but not so good with computer displays. I
have a pretty sharp Xfce display at 1920x1080 here.

I haver messed about quite a bit in the past, and have several window
managers installed, but I'm reasonably sure it's running the default
Openbox.

--
Joe