Re: fluxbox: overriding style background color

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 20:36:12 +0200
notoneofmy <notoneofmyseeds@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 15-06-08 6:08 PM, Siard wrote:
> > AFAIK, you can do that in the style file,
> > i.e. /usr/share/fluxbox/styles/Twice.
> >
> > In the last line, 'background.color: grey20',
> > change 'grey20' to 'black'.
> Can I do the same with xfce.
>
> I don't like the black on the top of windows.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Right click on the desktop, then:

Applications -> Settings -> Window Manager -> Style

There you can set the style of window title-bars and other things as a
predefined style. You can also use a downloaded theme or create your
own, see xfce-look.org for downloads, and wiki.xfce.org for
instructions on how to make your own. I think most of the stuff on
xfce-look.org is for Xfce 4.10, which is what you have if you are
running Jessie.

If you want to switch the GTK+ theme or icons, click "Appearance"
instead of "Window Manager" above.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"