Re: Moving server to new server with tar

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Every file.  File by file.  I liked this presentation and found it
> > quite interesting.
> >
> > http://marc.merlins.org/perso/linux/post_2014-01-06_My-Live-Upgrading-Many-Thousands-of-Servers-ProdNG-talk-at-Linux_conf_au-2014.html

That one definitely works for me at this moment.  I just tested it and
got a page okay.  Since that is the origin I wanted to quote it.
However the links from that page all give me 403 forbidden.  Sigh.

There is a video of the presentation somewhere.  I don't have a link.
I imagine that would be on youtube and would still be available.
Maybe someone will find it and post a link to it.

> > Unfortunately the original paper is now 403 forbidden.  I think that
> > is likely a mistake somewhere.  But the Internet Archive Wayback
> > Machine has a copy if you want to browse it.
> >
> > https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://marc.merlins.org/linux/talks/ProdNG-LCA2014/Paper/ProdNG.pdf
>
> I got 403 forbidden on both. :-(

That second one is 403 for me now too.  The '*' means grab the newest
version and it has updated to the 403 version.  But looking through
the older snapshots I find the specific version is here:

  https://web.archive.org/web/20141016050915/http://marc.merlins.org/linux/talks/ProdNG-LCA2014/Paper/ProdNG.pdf

That should get you the paper at least.  I also found this just now:

  https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa13/technical-sessions/presentation/merlin

Bob