Re: jessie installation problem on arm sheevaplug

On Jun 8, 2015, at 7:01 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> * Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> [2015-06-07 19:39]:
>> I’ve attached a screenlog file from “screen -L /dev/ttyUSB0 115200”
>> if that’s any help.  The VT100-style curses stuff makes it a bit
>> hard to interpret…
>
> From the log it looks like you didn't finish the installation.  These
> are the last messages in the log:
>
> Abort the installation
>
> If you have not finished the install, your system may be left in an
> unusable state.
>
> Are you sure you want to exit now?
>
> The system is going down NOW!
>
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> http://www.cyrius.com/

As I said, I don’t know what went wrong, but the installer encountered a persistent error in the ‘make the system bootable’ stage.

When I saw that it wasn’t going any further, I aborted the install, as you rightly point out.

The actual problem occurred a bit before the end of the log.  But all the VT100 ncurses stuff makes it difficult to tell what’s going on from the log.

As I noted in the followup, I tried again.  This time it worked perfectly.

So I guess my problem was some kind of a transient thing and should be ignored.  Sorry for the noise!  /-:

Enjoy!
Rick